Monday, November 10, 2014

the one with shivering at 70 degrees!

... one summer here and I have become I total weeny to the cold! it rained pretty hard the last few days, but I bought a rain coat at a goodwill a little ways back, that has been working out great. in between that and the sweaters I haven't been too uncomfortable. but I went looking for a hoody for something more casual to wear, without success.

the cold weather marked the end of the butterfly migration. this has been going on for the last 2 or 3 weeks more or less. and there have been hundreds and hundreds of butterflies everywhere. they all go down to mexico for the winter. it really was something beautiful, I tried to take photos, but they're way to hard to see on the pictures. I guess I'll just have to remember without them.

we baptized Angel yesterday. the other elders baptized two days ago too. the zapata group is closer to a branch everyday. Simon became a priest yesterday. and he is already helping other investigators with rides to church, and inviting his friends that we haven't even meet yet to church! he is seriously such a boss!

there are only about 3 weeks left in this transfer. so I will be here in zapata for thanksgiving, but I would highly doubt being here for christmas... which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, because no one here has computers, so it would make skyping very difficult. I realized that december 18th marks my 6 month mark, and mothers day will be 1 year. it is perfectly spaced out I think. I will be skyping like 2 weeks before I come home too, which will probably 'kill me' (not make me very motivated to work anymore)

our inactive member, graciella castillo made the elders here a BBQ for my birthday, just a week late. But I'm not complaining!

The spanish is coming, I am learning what to say, but understanding is still very difficult, and also I don't have good pronunciation at all yet. 

Grandma sent me stamps in a birthday letter, so expect some letters coming sometime soon (only for those that I have time to write / addresses I have)

have a good week, good luck with that new dog! I almost got eaten by satan's pitbull the other day, but I survived! love you guys!
-Elder Duerst

No comments:

Post a Comment