Monday, December 8, 2014

Thanksgiving and last minute trasfers

 It sounds like everyone's thanksgiving went very well, I'm glad that everyone was able to get together. I was counting how many people we should have an ideal family function, with just the direct family, and we should have 26! that's a crazy big number! that's almost as big as our whole group here!

For thanksgiving we drove to Laredo because one of the Branches there wanted to give us (all the missionaries in the zone) a thanksgiving lunch. After that we went and played frisbee for a little, but Johnson and Hinck (the senior comps here in zapata) said we weren't going to, so I didn't bring anything. so me and Hinck had to play in our proselyting shoes, and borrow some clothes from other missionaries. But is was fun just to spend some time with members and the missionaries in Laredo.

after that we rushed back for a dinner appointment with our recent converts billy jean and Ramon. she made SO much food! we came late but there was still so much food! after that we went and met with a young couple that we are teaching. we decided to trying and get everything we could to get them baptized before the transfer. but of course he.. like everyone else here that has potential to be baptized is on probation!!! But we still baptized the siblings, cousins, and the girlfriend! the most we've ever baptized in a week! the boyfriend was super sad about not being able to get baptized, he cried for a very long time!

I really don't care who has my Roku, I think that Jessica probably knows how to use it better than mom does anyway. If there is one thing I have learned from watching the senior couple trying to learn spanish, is that old people are very slow about learning new things!

For christmas I really would rather have dorky fun things to open up! I HAVE BEEN REALLY WANTING A RUBIK'S CUBE! I WAS PLAYING WITH ONE ON AN EXCHANGE ONCE AND IT WAS REALLY ENTERTAINING TO ME! *Hint* *Hint* other than dorky toys like that, just fill the box with cookies and stuff from the kiddos!

P.S. transfers came in, and I'm staying in Zapata for a 4th transfer! which means I will be here for christmas! I'm excited to stay, because I really do love it here, but 6 months is a very long time to be anywhere, but there will be two new people in the apartment to keep things interesting (I hope in a good way). the only problem I see is that none of the members down here really use computers, they all use their phones for everything, so we may have to get creative to skype home in 24 DAYS! but who's counting?!

P.S.S. my favorite kinds of christmas cookies are those peanut butter ones with chocolate on the top... does that make sense? I like almond rocka and sugar cookies, but I don't want a whole pan of any of those. Elder Diaz got a package the other day and his mom who spent 60 dollars to send him 6 pounds of gummy bears and 18 cans of vienna sausages... do not do such a thing!!! FEEL FREE TO JUST SEND ME A 25$ GIFT CARD TO WAL-MART! THAT IS MUCH MUCH MUCH EASIER!

-Love you all lots! look forward to getting some letters BACK, if someone really loved me, they'd also send some stamps in a letter like grandma did, I already used all those ones! 

No comments:

Post a Comment