Monday, April 27, 2015

The one with Michael Standard's suicide and talks on Sunday!

this week had a lot of ups and downs. one of the downs was that our investigator named Michael Standard killed himself this week. that was pretty hard for me, especially because I felt like I was sent there to help him and I wasn't able to. but I know that his wife is the one that I need to help now. we were able to stop by the day of and give her a blessing. and immediately I was forced to stop pitying myself and think of her.
 
Elder De Piano has been more bearable. I've been trying to be real patient with him and that seems to make everything better. he is very judgmental and very easily bothered. He reminds me of how I was with Elder Angles! I guess this is instant Karma! I definitely won't be like that with any of my next companions! because it's super scum bagish!
 
we have been trying to do Family Home Evenings with all the families her! we're trying really hard to build the testimonies of the members so they can be better member missionaries! we had to give talks on sunday about missionary work. mine didn't go too well. I was really nervous for some reason, because usually I am very... not nervous especially when I'm talking. but Elder De Piano did a good job. he shared his conversion story, it was pretty cool. he's only been a member for a couple of years and half of that time he's been on a mission. 
 
we've been trying to work with less-actives and I've really seen some cool families come back to church and that's very gratifying.
 
well I guess it wasn't a very eventful week. I hope everything is going well! love you all lots!
-Elder Duerst!

No comments:

Post a Comment