Monday, August 24, 2015

three-day!

This week was pretty different because we had three days of trainings in mcallen with all the DL's, ZL's, and STL's in the whole mission! It was super enlightening, I really did learn a lot! the first day they talked about faith, the second all about making specific plans (to do this they talked about making "wife plans" something they want us to do on our last transfer for like 20 minutes a day!... mine are going to be so dorking!) then the last day they talked about using our weekly planning time more effectively!

on saturday I blew up an egg in a kids face while we were on exchanges! (who knew such things would happen if you put an egg in boiling water and forgot about it for 90 minutes!) I made a funny video of me showing how much of the egg got all over the whole apartment! I have a ZL coming to spend the day with us tomorrow, so I definitely need to do some cleaning tonight. it's not too bad, just a lot of stuff from the move that need to be put away in a place. I organized our proselyting material! it was pretty bad!

... oh and I called a JW the anti-christ! funny story actually! they'd come to our door twice in two days! I hate people that knock doors trying to get people to join their religion! it's disgusting! haha! I'll tell you how I did it another time maybe! but I did it with the scriptures! hilarious!

my area is doing really well! Brad Crowther just became an AP! what a stud! he's been writing me lately! there are a lot more to do as far as tie trading here. it's super entertaining! all the rest of the district are really into the card Game "Magic: the gathering" the same one seth and nate used to play. I'm not super into it, not to mention it's a lot of money for just a hobby.

-Love you all lots!
Elder Duerst!

P.s. I found out I've been saying "Projimo" instead of "Proximo" for the last 14 months of my life! so spanish is still coming! (so no need to ask!... mumbling mexicans still drive me up the wall crazy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment