Tuesday, September 29, 2015

the on with the mile probs for days, and a new companion

So I got a new companion last tuesday, I didn't expect for a second to have a new companion, parisi and I were only together for one transfer and we'd just white washed. but I guess the lord only need him here for one transfer. he just swapped areas with elder Alonso. that's my new companion. he's from mexico originally, but he came out from mexico. apparently his uncle is in the 1st quorum of the 70. that'd be crazy if he was one of the new apostles chosen, we'll see though. I'm rooting for good ole' Tad! keep your fingers crossed for that one! haha!
we've been really low on miles with all the unexpected trips to mcallen, like tranfers, and picking up Alonso. the Zone leaders finally seemed to get that I've never been in a car area before, so they are helping me plan me miles better next month, by that I mean they are actually telling me all I need to do. it will be better next month! we've got solid plans down.
Alonso is a funny guy. not because of his jokes just how he acts. he reminds me a LOT of Michael Cuthbertson (I'm 99% sure that's wrong, but I hope you know whole I'm talking about!) but Elder Alonso is a Mexican version! he helps me with my spanish, but he's far from perfect himself. I notice a lot of mistakes he makes. he always tells me that he needs to be more on the ball than white elders, because spanish speakers expect him to be better. if I make a mistake they won't think anything of it, where if he did they'll look down on him. it's definitely true. I think we do it with people learning engish too!
A member in our area finally got the aaronic priesthood and the other area had a baptism of a 14 yr old that'll get the priesthood soon! the priesthood is our focus here in Rio Grande City and Roma, and we're all super excited to get things going to find and bring those men into the church, either for the first time or back. The Elders that work in Rio are re-activating a professional chef / caterer! and he fed us all last night! and man was it good! the blessings of missionary work I suppose!
I'm glad to hear that jill made it home safe. I hope seth picks up his dog soon! I didn't even know he had one of those until mom told me! have a good week! I wrote letters but was too lazy too send them! they'll get there soon! I won't even tell you how long the census has been sitting on my desk!

ALSO I NEED TO GET MY LICENSE RENEWED, I HAD THE FORM READY TO FILL OUT BEFORE I LEFT, IF YOU LOST IT, SOMEBODY SHOULD GO TO THE DMV TO GET ANOTHER, AND DO THAT BEFORE EVERYTHING GETS TOO CRAZY! IT SHOULD BE TO SEND THE STICKER/YEAR LONG EXTENSION THING! SAME THING JONAH DID! YOU HAVE UNTIL THE 22ND OF NOVEMBER, BUT START NOW!
Love Elder Duerst!

No comments:

Post a Comment