Monday, May 16, 2016

the one with the end of the month craziness!

This end of the month has been really crazy, everyone has been putting off teaching their investigators and teaching them the hard lessons. it's so frustrating. We have been trying to really get the zone going to make things happen. we haven't been doing the best at teaching about the Holy Ghost, Faith, or teaching to a need. so it's been a rough month! we only had 4 baptisms and our goal was 17! Saturday there were 3 straight up miracles that people were too scared to act on! that was frustrating to see, especially when one of the people that didn't do anything was one of our district leaders!
 
anyways! we're going to have a good council today as a zone and try to find some solutions, then tomorrow we're heading to McAllen to make another mission goal for next month, and to get some guidance from our leaders and our president. that'll be good, but enough of that.
 
we went to the castle's house and cleaned in and did all their dishes, scott castle came down stairs and even talked with us about all the problems he's been having with is PTSD, it was a great experience, I can't say we said much that would have been touched him in any real way, but we were there to do what we could and to listen, and I guess that's enough for now.
 
We're getting Gracie and Eylin ready to go to the temple this Saturday to do baptisms, They already passed their temple recommend interview and we're super excited they're still doing so well. this rest of the family is quite the little project, so we may drop them in a bit, but I really don't want to. we'll see. it may just need to be done. The lord will just work of them a little longer I guess.
 
This week's going to be full right before transfers again! it's weird to think that this transfer's gone so fast! I thought I would finish my mission here in Brownsville, but seeing how well gracie and Eylin are progressing gives me the feeling that I'm leaving, it's weird, but I feel like they are the people I needed to teach here in Brownsville and I already accomplished that mission!
 
p.s. I found I guy that looks like jesus! he's super cool! he went to church 2 times in tampa!... but he lives in the sister's area! that's ok!
 
Love you lots! -Elder Duerst!

No comments:

Post a Comment