Wednesday, August 27, 2014

The one with the ingored "este casa es una Catolica horgar" sign....

We run into these signs and ignore them all the time! this just mean that this person could use the gospel is all it means to me! so we knock the door and this VERY angry man comes out yelling and getting into our faces! My companion and I were expecting him to push us or something, some part of me wanted him to, just so I could have done something back, but he didn't, so neither did we. but after we left, and the situation cooled down, I realized he probably wanted the same thing from us. he probably wanted us to do something stupid, so he could have called the police, or worse pulled out a gun. Which would surprise me at all for how angry he was, and it being in texas and all!

speaking of confrontation, how is Seth doing?! is everything all right? I assume yes, is he still dating his girlfriend or did they break up?

we had a very tough week as far as people being angry or just plain overly aggressive with us. usually the people in Zapata (yes I am still in zapata, I find out next week if I get transferred, but I highly doubt it) are very kind to us, even if they are not interested, they are usually very friendly with us. but we ended the week very positively! we found out on Saturday that we are finally going to start renting out a building for church! so we don't have to meet in the apartment next door! because I felt very silly about inviting people to attend church at an apartment, I think this will add some real legitimacy to the church in this town! my trainer really hopes not to be transferred, because he and the other trainer here in zapata opened it and they would love to see a building because of their work!

we met a young couple with a woman that is about to give birth in two weeks, and I feel really good about them! they accepted the Baptismal Date, and they seem really into it! I always wanted to baptize a young family exactly like this! I should be doing my first lake-tism this week thu

rsday! it will be an 8 year the same boy I was talking about last week! I'm still excited even though it doesn't count as a convert baptism!

just earlier today we went tie digging in laredo again this morning, and I found a Canali for 50 cents! I am so pumped! it is not a very pretty tie, but it is SUPER valuable, and I could get a LOT of very pretty ties for it! I found a way to send pictures now, but I would still like the card reader, unless it's too expensive, then don't sweat it.

This first transfer is just about over, and I don't see how some people can stay in one area for 5 or 6! that is just some much time! 

I had a really weird dream about cockroaches last night... they were in running in my eggs! just thought that was worth mentioning!

tell jenny and Breanne good luck growing babies and all! just don't tell me the genders or send pictures I want to be surprised! Do a better job than you did with Jonah! Love you all lots!
- Elder Duerst, the missionary they all think is swedish!

No comments:

Post a Comment