Thursday, September 4, 2014

The one with the unexpected transfer!

My trainer, Elder sherman was made a district leader up in laredo (which is still in my zone, which is very strange to do) so I got a new trainer yesterday to finish training me for the next transfer. his name is Elder Johnson. He is very tall and athletic, he doesn't seem quite as funny or entertaining as sherman, but it's ok. he is WAY more into ties than sherman is, I hope he doesn't drive everyone crazy with his desire to constantly trade. the other greenie in the apartment, elder Diaz is very excited about this, because he is crazy about ties already too! I have a feeling that Elder Diaz's new companion will be annoying to me already! is that bad to say after only knowing him for two day?! maybe, but he just has that kind of personality. He listens to his awful music every time we get into the car, and pouts if we don't want to listen to it as much as he does. I swear my ears were going to start bleeding if I was in the car any longer than I was today. I envy our deaf investigator Hermana Vargas now more than ever!

We didn't end up baptizing Imanol this week, but we will hopefully do it sunday. The Castillo family was all very excited to hear that Sherman wasn't going too far, so he could get permission to come down it see the baptism, and play his violin for a special musical number.

we have already had to go to laredo (which is a 100 mile round trip) everyday this month, so we only have 1100 miles for the whole month, so there is a very good chance that we will not even be able to touch the car for the entire month. but it's ok, I don't mind proselyting on the bike.

It started raining today, and apparently it will be rainy and gross for the next 13 days, but that's just what we hear through people we talk to! speaking of hearing things through people, why has no one seen it pertinent to tell me about Robin Williams dying?! I have hear just about nothing about it, and I want to know what's true and not, We see the magazine with the death announcement every time we go shopping, but we aren't allowed to read it... so you should tell me (very briefly) all the juicy details!

the other day in laredo I bought myself some bull horns for ten dollars, they are small enough to fit into my suitcase, that's one of my favorite things about them. Sherman used to have these massive, expensive ones that he would have to spend a fortune on just to ship to his house. I have been finding and getting lots of very cool texas-y things, like flags and license plates. my wall by my desk is very decorated!

I can tell that my spanish is getting better. it used to be that people could tell that I didn't speak spanish well, just by how bad I was at listening to them talk. Now when I get lost in a conversation I just say, "Si" and "De Veras!" pretty much the same way I get through a conversation with Jean on the Phone! HAHAHA! fakin' it until I make it!

This has been my first chance to email, because all the libraries were closed for the holiday, and we had a crazy schedule yesterday with getting new companions from mcallen. I hope everyone is safe, and doing well.
-Elder Duerst

No comments:

Post a Comment