Monday, September 8, 2014

The One Where We Saw Our New Building!

..But they didn't let us move into it yet because they still had a lot of work to do! they are having us spend a few hours on thursday cleaning the carpeting, good thing Dad showed me how to do that, psych! It will be really good to get into a new building, our little group can barely fit into the apartment next door anymore!

Because I got a new companion, we got a chance to stop by all the investigators that me and sherman dropped during the last transfer, he only moved up to laredo (which is strangely close) so I still get to see him a lot. we have a few solid families, but they hardest thing is to get people to come to church, one of our investigators, Kayla, is about to have her baby any day now, so somedays she doesn't feel well, so that's a pretty good excuse, the rest of the people are just lame!

I got Grandma's and Jessica's letters in the mail today! I wrote both of them back real quick, because we are only allowed to write letters to people on P-Days, so expect those soon! I absolutely loved the pictures that Keygan and Braven drew me! (I'm not saying that they are my favorite nephews or anything, but everyone of you siblings that have children need to try a little harder to make it more of a competition! C'Mon!) 

today in laredo I got a new pair of proselyting shoes! I wore a whole in my first ones already! I hoped they would last me 6 months, but I guess I get what you pay for. so this time rather than spending 25 dollars I spent 35 (but it's ok they were 90 originally, and are dr. martins, which are apparently really good, so hopefully they will atleast last me 9 months, that is my goal) I would rather spend 60 dollars a year on 4-5 pairs of shoes than 160 on one pair at the beginning of my mission.

Thanks for all the details about robin williams, it really makes me sad, but I don't really have a lot of time to think about stuff like that.

My new companion (elder Johnson) is from Spanish Fork Utah and is a very hardworker and is going to be an AP someday! he is a super young trainer! he is only on his 5th transfer, which is very young for an elder. him I love. but the other Elder in our house Elder Hinck Is going to be the end of me! everyone in the apartment is just as annoyed as I am! So I know it's not just me, it's everyone... but it's a blessing in disguise, it just makes me super excited to get out to work and away from him!

I hope everyone has a good week, and is safe! Love you all lots!
-Elder Duerst

No comments:

Post a Comment