Sunday, October 19, 2014

the One with the Day Trip to Corpus

They let all the missionaries go in the north half of the Mission go to Corpus Cristi to see the new movie "Meet the Mormons" it was great to go somewhere new and see some new sights, but the movie was just Ok, I really liked the last story though, it was about a convert woman as she was sending her oldest son on a mission, it was perhaps the least 'spectacular' story, but it was definitely the most powerful. at Corpus we went to 'whataburger' on the bay, there are these restaurants all over southern texas, and they are a lot like carls jr. in quality I guess (it's funny because no one renounces it right, they all say 'water-burger'). a mariachi band came in and started to sing for us! it was really pretty cool! it is crazy how all the mexicans here love ranchero music, even the young ones, which is very strange to me.

I stopped by one of our members here just to chat and told her that I might be leaving in a week, and she got very sad, it was very sad to see her like that, but very heartwarming to see that I would be missed when I do eventually leave. I cheered her up by telling her that at district meeting, while we were doing a role play I accidentally said 'estoy caliente' instead of 'tengo calor'. I was trying to say 'I'm hot' but it came out 'I'm horny!' Too Funny!!! the sister missionaries I was role playing with didn't even catch it though, so that's all good! last night we all broke our fast at a BBQ or 'Carne' at the house of a recent convert! they are such a cool family, the husband ALWAYS calls me 'Guero' I told him I'm going to start calling him 'moreno' (or morenito)

I really hope I don't get transfered, I really want to be here for my birthday. It would be tough to start new somewhere less than too weeks before my birthday, especially since I know everyone in my Zone. But we'll see what happens, I'll let everyone know by next monday if I'm going, but I won't know where I'm going, you can always send the stuff to the mission home, it will get to me before too long. 

we have been teaching a man named Simon, and we are going to baptize him tomorrow! he is a good guy, but he definitely has a very tough exterior. I saw him yesterday with his kids and he seemed like a totally different man! he said that ever sense he starting working towards baptism his relationship with his ex-wife has been improving, and now it is to the point where he can have them live with him every now and then. it is so cool! I look forward to sending the pictures of my first convert baptism! we are trying really had to make sure he'll be baptized before one of us have to leave, because you never know with transfers.

yesterday at church the AC stopped working in the chapel, so we had to just set up chairs in the front room of our new church, and we filled it! we have never had so many people in our little church before! we are just 3 away from starting our own branch! so hopefully we can have that be our next goal!



No comments:

Post a Comment