Wednesday, January 21, 2015

I hope "he" doesn't have Jonah's cave man brow! haha!


On Tuesday, January 20, 2015 2:03 PM, Noah Duerst <noah.duerst@myldsmail.net> wrote:


I guess I was hoping too much to expect that someone wouldn't have let it slip! I thought it would be Dad to have done it too! but "Ni Modo"! I'm just glad to hear that everyone is happy and healthy! I know that babies are such a blessing!... a sour-milk smelling, often screaming... blessing! I think Jonah and Breanne will make great parents! I don't know about "Lucky #13" being #1 in my heart quite yet! that's a little rushed don't you think?! but who knows, anything is possible!
 
It sounds like J.J. (Jonah Jr.) came out just small enough to be able to carry him. not that I would trust something so fragile in the hands of someone so senile! but that's just me!
 
we are having Elder oaks come this weekend to come talk to our Stake down here! then "Apparently" Elder Holland is coming next weekend to just talk to the missionaries. but I don't know have much truth there is to that! I'm taking it with a grain a salt!
 
I got to have my interview with the mission president last night, I passed! I'm going to be a missionary for a while longer it seems! It was a great interview! he hit on all the things that I have been working on since last transfer! He always gives every missionary many chapters in the bible to study that will help them learn something they specifically need to learn! he really is one of the most spiritually in tuned man that I have ever known!
 
my new area covers two wards, one that is in Spanish and one in English! they are even about to split them again and make another English branch for the area! there are so many members in the area! and the work is done VERY differently! rather than "hitting the streets" we go to members houses all Day! It is very different for me! go to members all day and just eating a crap ton of Mexican food seems like what bad missionaries do... not what the zone leaders teach as the way to do the work here! but I guess I just got to trust in my leaders on this one... and hope that I don't get too fat during my stay here!
 
my new Companion is named Elder Angles (like angles on angels) he is a native tex-mex speaking from California that is a very different cat to say the least! he mumbles very bad, which makes understanding things very different to understand him when I don't even know what language he's mumbling in! the members are great here and there are a LOT of them! the second most members in any area other than the AP's area is what I hear! it is a bike area, and the drivers are insane! I would rather go back to the dogs in my old area than risk getting hit by a truck!!! this is the exact area where two missionaries were hit and killed a few years back, so that makes the roads extra scary. I put yet another light on my bike though. So I'm pretty sure my bike looks more like a space ship than anything else at this point!
 
The work here is very slow. it is hard to find people this way, but those that we do (Will HOPEFULLY) find soon will be much more likely to stay interested in going all the way through the lessons, and going to church, because they are all received though the members!
 
....So that's just about it. OH WAIT! DO YOU GUYS GET MY PACKAGE?! NO ONE TOLD ME IF YOU DID OR NOT? I HOPE I DIDN'T SEND IT TO THE WRONG ADDRESS AGAIN... WHICH IS POSSIBLE, you may have to go to "7379 s. zephyr way" and ask them very nicely for it if I did!
 
don't give Paul too hard of a time for ruining the surprise! but definitely give him a hard time! he definitely deserves it! YOU HAVE ONE MORE TRY! THIS TIME (NATE AND JENNY'S BABY) DON'T TELL ME THE GENDER(S)!love you guys! repent if you need to! (I'm talking to you paul!!!) and do better! 
-Elder Duerst!

No comments:

Post a Comment