Monday, January 26, 2015

the one with Dallin H. Oaks!

... but let's not start with that.
 
First of all, new address = 1608 Westmont Dr. apt. #1 Weslaco, Tx. 78596
 
on monday as soon as P-day was over we were supposed to be at the mission office to get out an interview for those that didn't get one last transfer. unfortunately all three of us forgot to bring our suits to the gym where we were playing basketball! so we got there about 10 minutes late! the next group that followed us didn't come until 40 minutes late, but president didn't notice, because he was preoccupied with the interviews with us four! that went very well. he gave some really great advice that I think will help me a lot.
 
the rest of the week we continued stopping by all the members like we always do. we were able to pick up 5 new investigators this week, but not through the members. all of this was through just opening our months on the streets! The people here are much MUCH ruder than they were in Zapata! they are all A-holes to say the least! I hope I have enough patience that this area needs!
 
we met a super cool family of converts one Tuesday, their daughter who goes to BYU-Idaho too, just came back from 2 semesters at school engaged! needless to say they are not quite used to the culture up there, where engagements happen SO FAST! It was super awkward to be there for that! the next night we went to the house of a very funny member man and his very german wife for dinner! she made us stew and freshly mashed potatos! it was REally good! he also taught us a magic trick! my companion isn't very good at it, he has no showman-ship, but he still likes to re-enact it to everyone we see!
 
for coordination on Thursday (which is something that I am still getting used to) the Spanish ward brought a cake for all the January Birthday, like 5 of the 10 missionaries here in our two wards have their birthdays in January! Edgar, the ward mission leader is seriously such a cool guy!
 
on Friday I got a little annoyed with my companion Elder Angles, because he got a haircut during our working hours from like 8:15-9, which also made us late to getting home. I didn't have to say much, I think the spirit jacked him pretty good, I doubt he'll do anything like that again.
 
on Saturday we had a special missionary meeting with Elder Oaks. I got to shake his hand, which was very cool. but I'm not nearly as much of a fanatic as some of the missionaries here! the stuff I was hearing was absurd! It was the same way when an apostle would visit BYU-Idaho! Just Crazy!
 
we decided to stay at our home building and watch the stake conference with oaks on the video there. unfortunately it was all being translated into Spanish. I was able to pick most of it up, it just sounded awful with the translator talking over speaking!
 
P-Day has been very good so far! we went to a Pulga which means flea in Spanish, but is a flea market. I got some nice brown shows for meetings (3bucks) a belt buckle (3bucks) and a new wallet (4bucks) I'm pretty happy with my purchases!
 
I'm glad that Alek is doing good and healthy! it's a little like what I shall name my first born son... Ajax!!! like the greek hero, but also the cleaning supply! either way his name will show how tough and gritty he will be! and if my future wife doesn't like it well that's just too bad! I'll fill out the paper work when she's not paying attention! MUAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHA!
 
My companion straight-up traded his best tie just to get a tie that I really wanted from another missionary! Elder Angles is a really good guy... very strange at times, but he's got a good heart!
 
-Hope you guys have a good week! and don't drop the potato... I mean new-born! I get confused sometimes! they are just so similar! love you guys lots! I'm glad someone finally told me you got my package!
 
p.s. sorry still no pictures with me and Angles, forcing photo opportunities is just weird, just imagine an Asian-looking mexican

No comments:

Post a Comment