Saturday, May 30, 2015

New Greenie and the Herrera's baptism!

This week has been very different, it is very strange being the senior comp. but it's been good! I found out that I AM NOT LEAVING, still here in the same area. which meant that I got to be here for the Herrera's baptism! 6 of 7 of them got baptized. one of the little girls didn't come because she was sick. but the rest of the family were baptized right after church. it was awesome! seriously one of the greatest memories of the mission so far! the whole ward was there (just about!) De Piano was able to come back and be there and he was trying to be a controlling prick and say who was going to be baptized first, but the mom (who is usually very timid) said "No! I'm going first!" it was so cool to see her take charge and come out of her shell a little more! I was able baptize two of them, the mom and the youngest boy myself! my greenie (the one that can't seem to figure out where the camera is! haha!) got to baptize this awesome family on his first week! how spoiled! haha!
The guy right behind me is named carlos, and he was just baptized himself 2 months ago by the other missionaries in the ward and already he was able to do a baptism himself!
My new Greenie is named Elder McLaughlin (I thought mexicans struggled with saying duerst!) he's from Bozeman Montana. and he had to go to Provo for the MTC! pretty lame! he's a good kid, a little weird, but that's alright. at this point weird doesn't seem to bug me too much! as long as he's not prideful or hard to get along with! it's difficult to get him to talk to people (which is something that I've never really had a problem with, so I can only give him so much useful advice) his spanish is pretty bad, but I bet mine was bad when I started too! I just can see it know from this perspective!
Yesterday we had our memorial day cook-out it was super good to have everyone at the church at the same time, just hanging out having fun! I really would miss this ward if I had to leave!
p.s. Here are all my good ties (as of last week) I thought you should know how crazy this place really is!
I'm sorry to hear about Jill's car accident. next time something like this happens you should just call the mission office! I'm glad to hear that she only broke her leg. It is very scary to think that she could have very, Very easily have died. all while I'm out here.
-Love you all lots, sent out some letters today.
Elder Duerst

No comments:

Post a Comment