Monday, August 24, 2015

the one with the new boundaries...again!

So this week was very full of meetings and other things, we only had one full day of work. our numbers suffered but that's ok. I'm getting pretty area dead, but that's ok, because they just gave us Donna to cover in Engish as well! (so the whole ward is ours now) and the other elders went to the spanish ward, because they we really having a hard time with just one set of missionaries, now we only have 1. the members are willing to step up and help us, we're going to help the bishop call new Ward Missionaries that will actually help us and we're going to do splits with the Elders Quorum twice a week now.
Everything went well with Adrian's confirmation. He's super solid in the church, he really is a testament of the fruits of good member work. the Rangel family (who we've been reactivating said that they got offended by a talk on Charity! I don't even know how to conquer this one! it just seems so silly! I swear some people look for a reason to go inactive!)
It's been harder and harder to get up, so I but a new alarm clock, that has this super loud Alarm! it seems to be working for now! my companion is a strange one, but I love him! he's got a lot of potential to be a great missionary someday. Did I tell ya'll that I don't let him leave the house with his "I love you" necklace from his girlfriend! He was willing to do it, but only after I told him why.
this thursday we went to pharr for a meeting, and the guys we got a ride with had to get their car fixed during the meeting and it took an extra 6 hours! so we had to just blitz another companionship's' area! that was a change of pace, it was weird being out of weslaco doing missionary work! (only 3 weeks away!... I hope!)
I've been emailing Brad and Nathan Andrews a lot. it's really cool to hear how they're doing in their own mission! they both seem to be doing well. Brad said he got the tie I sent him, I should send him another sometime, maybe closer to christmas.
I've been keeping in really close contact with one of my first converts back in Zapata, I'm hoping he gets to the temple soon! (if he does, we (elder Johnson and I, his missionaries) get to go with him!)

-Love ya'll lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment