Tuesday, November 10, 2015

the one with hitting standard and Roel!

this week we were challenged by the Zone Leaders to hit standard for all of our key indicators... which is not a very easy thing to do! especially in this area, with very few willing members to come out with us to lessons. but we worked really hard and did it! it felt good! it was hard work though.
we were promised 4 people at church is we did... and we got two, but one is named Roel! he is super prepared! we taught him both the Law of Chastity and Word of Wisdom on sunday! and he accepted them both! he's seriously a miracle sent to us "chambiadores!" (grinders!)
he's only 17, so we have to get parental permission, but he's so cool I'm sure it'll all work out! we played this egg drop game at mutual with him, and our team totally won! our contraption may or may not have landed on the debris of the other team's failed attempt, but we'll take what we can get to win! Thomas S Monson said we need to be Relentless in our goal to get eternal life, because the Devil is relentless in his efforts to stop us! I just applied that principle to winning! haha :P
I'm glad to hear that Jessica is already in Wisconsin! undoubtedly getting ready for the wedding! I'm super excited! we had interviews with president again today and I mentioned her wedding! our interviews were very short today, everyone's was! so I don't feel too bad! usually president talks with people without a break for hours and hours, I can only imagine he'd want them to go a little faster!
the work is going well! we met this lady named Sonia she seemed like she has a lot of potential. I'm super excited to teach her!
my companion is turning out to be quite... interesting. he's got some funny quarks, like he talks to himself and is ditzy at times, but he's got a good heart. and the lord will make him into a great missionary someday!
The AP's taught about the power of fasting today and I really think it's something I'm going to start using more and more on my mission. that mixed with the broccoli diet I'm starting tomorrow should lead to some results that will make my future wife very happy!
Love you all lots!
-Elder Duerst!

No comments:

Post a Comment